Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Five Days of Being Thankful: Day 5- Thankful for my Job


Today marks exactly five (5) days till my birthday, so an idea popped into my head; I was born on the fifth of the fifth month of the year. I know! How about I do five days of being thankful leading up to the day of my birthday! Genius!
Today, I am thankful for my job at Horizon International (Zambia). Ever since I was a child, and even more so after the horrific car crash I was involved in back in 2006, the crash that was a turning point in my life, I have prayed that God would show me and reveal to me His plans and purpose for my life. The one thing that’s been very clear from the get-go was that God wanted to use my life to make a difference in other people’s lives.
This job at Horizon allows me to do just that. Make a difference in the world, one person at a time. I work with orphans and vulnerable children. God is using me to help bring a message of hope and love to His children who sometimes feel abandoned, forgotten, unloved, and uncared for due to their circumstances. Through this program, kids are being reminded of God’s unending love for them, that He has not forgotten them! If you could see the smile on their faces when they hear this, when you remember their name, when you wrap your arms around them and show them you care. The joy it brings to their hearts and souls. I live to see those smiles, to see their lives changed, to see my life changed.
So, today, I am thankful for the opportunity God has given me to serve, to be a blessing, to be a world changer!

No comments:

Post a Comment