Friday, May 3, 2013

Five Days of Being Thankful: Day 2- Thankful for Family


There are a few things in this life that we live that we cannot choose, one of them being the kind of family one is born into. It’s not like one can stand in an isle lined with all kinds of families and we get to make a selection…God in His divine wisdom places up in the places we are for a specific purpose.
Today, I want to take time to thank the Almighty for the family He has blessed me with, a wonderful father and mother, amazing sisters and then some. There are times when I have wondered what life would be like if we all got to have a say in the kinds of families we have. One thing I know for sure though, is that I would not be the kind of person I am today had it not been for my family. And if I should say so myself, I think I turned out alright…most of the time!
But family is not just limited to one’s biological parents or siblings, family transcends all that. There are people I have met in my life that are part of my family; not biological, but because we share the same values, principles, goals, beliefs, and because of the blood of the lamb, we are all part of God’s family. I am thankful for the people in my life I regard as family and who do the same regarding me. I am grateful I have family virtually all over the world, I am indeed blessed.
Through my work as Project Director with Horizon International (Zambia), I have witnessed firsthand the importance of family, and the negative effects of the lack of it. I have, and I am learning never to take family for granted; you never know when it might be taken away from you. The kids I work with have taught me this invaluable lesson, and continue to teach me daily, and I have come to appreciate my family all the more. I have come to cherish the times we have shared moments together and made memories, those times I will hold dear for the rest of my life.
I am thankful…
Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment