Saturday, May 4, 2013

Five Days of Being Thankful: Day 1- Thankful to be Alive, Thankful for Second Chances...


5...4...3...2...1 It's finally here. I have been looking forward to this day for a while now, and in less than a few hours, it will be here, finally. May 5. The day I was born, 25 years ago tomorrow. I am excited to celebrate this awesome day!

Every second, every minute, every hour, day, week, month, year that we get to live is a gift from above, a second chance if you will, to get it right. For the past twenty-four (24) years of my life, God in His infinite love and grace has given me second chances to “get it right” countless times, but one in particular stands out.

Seven years ago. Car accident. Left vehicle without a single scratch. Turning point in my life. Given a second shot, a second chance to get it right. How my life has turned out since that day I can never begin to fully describe…God has truly been faithful and has blessed my life abundantly. Sometimes I don’t quite see all that and I get frustrated with life, angry, disappointed, discouraged…I thank God though that through all that, He still remains faithful. Reminds me of the parable that Jesus taught about The Good Shepherd, and also the words in Psalm 23 come to mind, “The Lord is my shepherd….” Even when I go astray and wander from the path He sets out for me, He still remains the good shepherd in my life. How amazing is that?

As I look forward to celebrating my 25th birthday tomorrow (May 5), I take a moment to look back and thank God for keeping me safe and watching over me all the time, for the many second chances He has granted me, and I am eternally thankful to be alive!
God of a second chance…

No comments:

Post a Comment