Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Even Though I Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death...

For most people, Sunday started off as a normal day, got up early in the morning, getting ready to go to church and all. Not so for me, sadly. I woke up Sunday morning with a slight headache. It was the kind of headache you sorta brush aside thinking it'll go away pretty soon...

I got myself ready for church. About midway through the service, I started feeling dizzy and a bit lightheaded. At first I brushed it aside just like I did the headache, but the feeling just wouldn't go away. Owing to my college days when I didn't have breakfast on Sunday mornings, I thought perhaps this trend was catching up to me. I got outta church and had a quick snap, thinking perhaps it was due to the fact I had not had breakfast in the morning. I took some pain killers as well for the headache that was fast becoming a nuisance. I went back into church.

The headache, dizziness, and lightheadedness started getting worse. Just simple noises were wrecking havoc inside my brain, everything was starting to feel really weird. I told my parents I was going back home to rest and sleep it off. 

Whatever it was that stirred my Dad to follow me (I have no doubt it was God). He immediately checked my blood pressure. He had to redo it because, according to him, he could not believe what he was reading. My blood pressure reading was 100/30. It doesn't take one to have any medical background to realize this was extremely low and needed immediate and urgent attention. I had an acute case of Hypotension . My Dad prayed with and for me. He quickly called a friend of his who is better equipped to handle certain matters and he was advised to quickly start an IV to get fluids into my system. FAST! My dad rushed to a nearby medical center and got what was needed. The person at the medical center, when informed of the situation and told the blood pressure readings asked, "Is the patient still alive?" 

My dad got back as soon as he could, started me on the IV, and before even the started, checked my BP, and thankfully, it had started to go back up. I continued to take fluids and all Sunday afternoon, and my BP continued to fluctuate, rising steadily and at times stabilizing, then it would drop again. 

It's Tuesday afternoon as I'm writing this. I woke up this morning and my headache, dizziness, and lightheadedness are all gone. My blood pressure is slowly by surely getting back to it's optimal reading, and I am getting my strength back. God is good my friends. 

Medically speaking, at the level my blood pressure reading was at on Sunday morning when my dad first checked, if he had not done so at the exact time and initiated an intervention, my heart would have stopped. Had my dad not followed me out of church and done what he did, I would have died. I believe, more than ever, that it was God all along. He saved me, yet again, because He is not quite done with me just yet. He loves me so much...

I am still trying to come to terms with the events of the last few days, but one thing I know beyond a single ounce of doubt, is that I am loved.

"For I know the plans I have towards you, says the LORD, plans for peace and not evil, plans to give you hope and a future," Jeremiah 29:11. 

Be blessed my friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment