Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Resolution

Happy New Year!!

Wow! I cannot believe 2010 has ended and we are starting a brand new year already. Looking back to this past year, a lot of ups and downs, but it was a great year nonetheless. Some of the most wonderful memories made in 2010, some of the most meaningful relationships developed, and all in all, a year of both personal and spiritual growth for me.

With the beginning of a new year comes a desire to set resolution(s) for the year. What really is a resolution, but more specific, what is a new year resolution? "A new year resolution is a commitment that an individual makes to a personal goal, project, or the reforming of a habit...generally a goal someone sets to accomplish in the coming year." I view a resolution as some sort of road map that will help guide the course of action one wishes to undertake on this 'journey' we call life. And what a journey it has been so far!

I spent sometime...a lot of time actually trying to come up with a resolution for this year; I wanted to have one that was encompassing-focusing on not just one but all aspects of my life at this point. It came down to this: "To live life to the fullest." Big deal, right! Yes, and very ambitious you might be thinking. I know I was, and still am. What does it actually mean to "live life to the fullest"?

I believe that my life has a purpose, a plan destined by Papa above (Jeremiah 29:11). I believe that as I strive to live my life according to His plan and purpose, He does immeasurably more than I can ask or imagine (Ephesians 3:20) and things work out for good (Romans 8:28). In that my friends, lies the secret to living life to the fullest, but it's no secret any more...now you know :-) I am going to live my life to the fullest by standing on the promises of God!

As I live my life to the fullest this year, I want to, with God's help and guidance: pray more, love more, care more, laugh more, cry more (yes, I believe it is healthy once in a while to let tears flow), play more, share more, give more, serve more, listen more and talk less. I want to make the most of my remaining time at AU as I begin my last undergraduate semester and look to graduate in May. I want to be a better son, a better brother, friend, classmate, roommate, colleague. I want to be a better servant, a better leader and example to those that Papa has placed in my area of responsibility. I want live out my personal mission, "striving to live a life of faith and love by living out the love of Christ in my day to day life."

That is my resolution for this year, so help me God.

No comments:

Post a Comment